Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

 
The Ashrama has a subcenter at Berhampore. Swami Akhandananda used to visit Berhampore (10 kms from Sargachi Ashrama) regularly and inspire the local youth to live a life dedicated to the service of humanity. Later, in 1938 Revered Swami Premeshanandaji Maharaj, who was the Secretary of the Sargachi Ashrama, opened a city centre at Berhampore town to propagate the ideas and ideals of Sri Ramakrishna among the local people. This present centre, a branch of Sargachi Ashrama, is situated on R.N.Tagore road in Lal-dighi area, which is very near to Berhampur court railway station and City bus stand.

Sri Sasankasekhar Sanyal, a devotee of Berhampore, donated a plot of land for this Sub-center in 1953, and by 1955, the center moved to a brick building constructed at this site.

Activities At The Berhampore Subcenter
A few college students presently stay at the center free of cost and pursue their higher studies
It houses one Public Library
Daily Sandhya Arati is conducted at the Ashrama
Scriptural readings and discussions on Ramakrishna-Vivekananda literature
Weekly discourses on Saturday is conducted at the Ashrama
A yearly 4-days-long annual celebration to commemorate Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Ma Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and Swami Akhandananda’s birth anniversary
There is a religious book and articles sales counter